Scrap Metal Licensing
Scrap Metal Licensing in Hyndburn
The dealing in scrap metal or the running of a scrap metal business is controlled by the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 1964.
No person may carry on the business of a scrap metal dealer unless they are registered to do so by their Local Authority.
A person is deemed to be carrying on a scrap metal business if:
- a place in the area is occupied by him as a scrap metal store
- no place is occupied by him as a scrap metal store in the Hyndburn area or elsewhere, but has his usual place of residence in Hyndburn
- no place is occupied by him as a scrap metal store in the Hyndburn area or elsewhere, but a place in Hyndburn is occupied by him for the purpose of that business.
Every scrap metal dealer shall keep a book in which details of the following shall be entered:
- All scrap metal received at that place
- All scrap metal either processed at, or despatched from that place
Registration as a scrap metal dealer lasts 3 years and must be renewed on or before the expiry date if the registered person wishes to carry on as a scrap metal dealer.
The registration is free of charge.
Application form for registration as a scrap metal dealer.
Contact us for further information on:
01254 380 616 or 01254 380 140
Current Guidance on the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 1964
How useful was this information?
Please rate how useful you found this information by clicking on a star rating below. 1 being poor and 5 being excellent.
This page has been rated 9 ratings.out of 5 from