Page 1 Of 6 (possible). You are 17% complete.
Please use this form to report a flytipping or illegal dumping of waste on public land.
Dumping rubbish is illegal, dangerous and can bring down the perception of your neighbourhood.
What we do
- If the rubbish is on land owned by Hyndburn Borough Council, we aim to remove it within five working days. However, this may be longer if:
- The incident is being investigated by the Council's enforcement team and / or the Environment Agency.
- The waste is of such a weight that it requires removing by mechenical means i.e. JCB
- If the rubbish is on private land, our Environmental Services Team will take legal action to make landowners clear it up
- We will take enforcement action on individuals and businesses guilty of flytipping. Fines can be up to £50,000 with a six month prison sentence. If the case goes to Crown Court then fines can be unlimited.