Local Restriction Support Grants: (Tier 4 & National Lockdown Closed Businesses 31 December 2020 to Mid-February 2021)
Hyndburn was placed in Tier 4 (Stay At Home Alert level) which imposes restrictions on local businesses from Thursday 31 December 2020, and subsequently into National Lockdown (Stay At Home Alert Level) restrictions from Tuesday 05 January 2021 subject to review mid February by Government.
The Local Restriction Support Grant (LRSG) is a financial package for businesses which have been forced to close under Tier 4 restrictions from Thursday 31 December 2020, and those force to close under National Lockdown restrictions from Tuesday 05 January 2021.
If the National Lockdown (Stay At Home Alert level) continues past mid-February 2021, businesses will have to re-apply again for financial support.
The Local Restriction Support Grant (Closed Addendum) will provide financial assistance and support to businesses which would have been open, providing in person services to customers from their business premises and then required to close for a consecutive period of 2 weeks or more in accordance with The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020.
Businesses ordered to close include:
- Non-essential retail, such clothing and homeware stores, market stalls
- Hospitality venues, such as cafes, restaurants, pub, bars, social clubs
- Accommodation, such as hotels, guest houses
- Leisure facilities, such as gyms, swimming pools, dance studios, golf courses
- Entertainment venues, such as cinemas, theatres, soft play centres
- Personal care facilities, such as hair, beauty salon, tattoo parlours
- Community Centres, subject to certain restrictions
The amount to be paid will be determined by the rateable value of the property for business rates purposes. There are 3 rates of grant payments as detailed below:-
- RV under £15,000 – £667 every two weeks
- RV between £15,000 to £51,000 – £1,000 every two weeks
- RV over £51,000 – £1,500 every two weeks
The scheme will operate in accordance with Government guidelines and funding availability.
In addition, businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sector may be eligible for an additional one-off top up grant to support businesses and jobs until the Spring. These one-off grants are based on the rateable value of the property.
The Council will make a one-off payment for the six-week period 31 December 2021 to 10 February 2021.
|Up to £15,000||£4000.00|
|Between £15,000 and £51,000||£6000.00|
Businesses allowed to continue trading include:
- Essential retail, such as supermarkets, food shops, newsagents, off-licences, corner shops
- Petrol stations, car repair and MOT services, bicycle shops
- Taxi or vehicle hire businesses
- Building merchants, hardware stores, garden centres
- Medical services, such as chemists, dental services, opticians, funeral directors
- Banks, building societies, post offices, loan providers, money transfer businesses
- Launderettes and dry cleaners
- Vets, pet shops, animal boarding centres
Application forms for Local Restriction Support Grant (Closed Addendum) for the period of Tier 4 restrictions from Thursday 31 December 2020, and period of National Lockdown restrictions from Tuesday 05 January 2021 are currently being tested and will be updated on the Council website once available for public use.
Businesses that are not in the rating list, together with businesses that are not forced to close may be eligible for support under the Councils Additional Restriction Grant scheme.
Details of the Additional Restriction Grant scheme are available on the Council website