Business Rates Grant Fund schemes
Hyndburn Council is writing to local businesses today telling them about the Business Rates Grant Fund schemes.
There are two grant schemes introduced by Central Government:
- Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF) all businesses in England in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief (SBBR) and Rural Rates Relief (RRR) in the business rates system will be eligible for a payment of £10,000 if they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF) businesses in England in receipt of the Expanded Retail Discount with a rateable value of less than £51,000 will eligible for a payment of £25,000 if they meet the eligibility criteria.
For more information – click on Support to Businesses
ADVICE TO BUSINESSES:
New laws require the closure of certain businesses and businesses selling food or drink for consumption on the premises to protect against the risks to public health arising from coronavirus. The government will review these new rules every 28 days. The business that must close are:
Restaurants, Cafes, Bars, including bars in hotels or members’ clubs, Public houses, Cinemas, Theatres, Nightclubs, Bingo halls, Concert halls, Museums and galleries, Casinos, Betting shops, Spas, Massage parlours, Indoor skating rinks, Indoor fitness studios, gyms, swimming pools or other indoor leisure centres.
It is now a criminal offence for these businesses to be open. You can report businesses breaking these rules to Hyndburn Council Food and Safety Team on 01254 388111 or via email:
Guidance for food businesses looking to operate during Covid 19
Businesses that are permitted to trade must carry out a Covid 19 risk assessment.
Guidance for specific business sectors can be found here:
Latest Guidance on FURTHER BUSINESSES AND PREMISES TO CLOSE
Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for employees, employers and businesses: Guidance
COVID-19: support for businesses: Guidance
Support from government for businesses affected by Coronavirus
The Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced a package of measures to support businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
COVID – 19 Package
The government has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
This includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- Statutory sick pay relief package for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Business Rate Relief for small businesses and pubs
- Small business grant funding for all business in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) and Rural Rates Relief.
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- The HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
More information is available at GOV.UK – about the government guidance to employers and businesses.
Advice for Food Businesses
Chamber of Commerce Toolkit
East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce has produced a toolkit to help businesses with the coronavirus pandemic.