Comments, Compliments and Complaints

How Do I Make a Comment, Compliment or Complaint?

Hyndburn Council believes in listening, taking account and responding to your views. As part of our continuing commitment to provide the best possible services to all our customers, we need to know when you are dissatisfied with the service you have received, how you think it could be improved and when we are getting something right.

If you have a complaint about the Benefits, Revenues and Customer Contact section you can contact us in person, by phone, electronically or in writing and tell us what the problem is and we will try and explain what has happened and, where appropriate, remedy any mistakes we have made.

If you are unhappy about the way we have dealt with your complaint you can write directly to the Managing Director’s office for a review of your complaint.

You may also wish to contact one of your local councillors. If you unsure who is your local councillor you can find out by telephoning 01254 388 111.

You may take your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman at any stage, but only if you can show that you have contacted the Council or one of its Councillors first and you are not satisfied with the response. However, we hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints ourselves. Details of how to contact the local ombudsman are available from Council offices or by telephoning 01254 388 111.

How to contact the Local Government Ombudsman:

Anne Seex
Local Government Ombudsman
Beverley House
17 Skipton Road
YO30 5FZ

Telephone: 01904 380 200
Fax: 01904 380 269