Do You Need Planning Permission?

Published by: , on:

Non-Householder pre-application advice.

Pre-application advice is provided to assist in the provision of a good service to all users of the Development Management service and the application of charges reduces the number of speculative enquiries which absorb a great deal of time.

All pre-applications are subject to charges applicable at the rates shown in the pre-application advice form (available via the link below).

Non-Householder Pre-Application Advice Charges and Form

Requests for meetings should be made on the form. The following information should also be submitted with the form:

  • Site Location Plan at an appropriate scale (usually 1:1250 or 1:2500)
  • Details of current use(s)
  • Draft design and access statement /planning justification
  • Photographs and/or sketch drawings of site and surroundings
  • Draft/sketch drawings showing height and scale of development
  • Draft/sketch drawings showing layout of development
  • Payment of the appropriate fee

You can send the form and drawings to us by email at  and then pay over the telephone. To do this please include your telephone number in the email, say you want to pay over the telephone and we will call you to take payment.

All information must also be available in electronic format, whether on CD, USB memory stick or as an attachment to an email (email attachments must be less than 10MB)

For a legally binding indication that the current or prospective use of the building is acceptable, a Lawful Development Certificate may be required.

When all the appropriate information(including the fee) is submitted you will be contacted to arrange a meeting (if necessary) with the appropriate officers.

If you want  to apply for planning permission without pre-application advice go to this internal page:

Submitting a Planning Application