Gaming Machine Permits

Published by: , on:

Gaming Machine Permits

 In order for a premises to site gaming machines some form of authorisation is normally required. Typically this is:

  • an operating licence from the Gambling Commission and a gambling premises licence from a licensing authority
  • an alcohol premises licence from a licensing authority
  • a gaming machine permit from a licensing authority.

Depending on the authorisation, there are limits placed on the category of machines that can be sited and, in some cases, on the number of machines that can be made available for use.

Please see the links below for further information from the Gambling Commission on the types of gaming machine permits available:

Notification of intent to have gaming machines

Licensed premises gaming machine permit

Club gaming permit

Club machine permit

Please refer to the Gambling Commission website for further information on licences and permits.