Liquor Licensing – Licensing Act 2003

Personal Licences

A personal Licence is granted to an individual and authorises the supply of alcohol in accordance with a Premises Licence.

For further information please refer to our Licensing Policy.

Under the Licensing Act 2003, applicants may only apply for one personal licence from the Licensing Authority where you are normally resident. For example if you live in Hyndburn but work in Burnley , you must apply to Hyndburn Borough Council for your personal licence. Hyndburn then becomes your Licensing Authority for life, no matter where you live or work in the future.

A personal licence is valid for ten years.

The fee for a personal licence is £37.00.