Structure of the Hyndburn Local Plan
The new Local Plan is the name given to a series of documents in which the Council will explain how the Borough will be developed and grow to 2036. Once complete it will fully replace the 1996 Local Plan for Hyndburn.
The new Local Plan comprises 4 key Development Plan Documents (DPDs):
- The Core Strategy DPD (first adopted 19 January 2012, now subject to review)
- The Accrington Area Action Plan DPD (adopted 19 January 2012)
- The Development Management DPD (adopted 11 January 2018); and
- The Site Allocations DPD – currently in preparation
Timetable for production of the Local Plan
The timetable for production of the Local Plan is set out in the Council’s latest Local Development Scheme (LDS). The latest LDS was published in June 2018. The Council will however be updating its LDS in 2020 in light of a number of significant events in its plan making process that have occurred during 2019. These include:
- the large volume of responses received to the Regulation 18 consultation earlier in 2019 and the time taken to deal with these;
- the need to undertake a further Regulation 18 consultation on Gypsy and Traveller Site Options following publication of the Council’s new Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment;
- a recommendation to merge the Core Strategy Review and Site Allocations DPD to a single Local Plan document for Regulation 19 (Publication) stage; and
- to highlight a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) planned for Huncoat Garden Village following completion of the masterplanning work and adoption of the Local Plan;
The revised LDS will be brought to a future Cabinet in 2020 and set out the timetable for preparation of documents relevant to the Local Plan over the period 2020-2023.
Local Plan Public Consultation – Regulation 18 Feb-Apr 2019
Early in 2019 the Council consulted on its new Local Plan. The consultation involved both the Core Strategy Review and the Site Allocations DPDs.
The public consultation was held under Regulation 18 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 and is part of the preparation stage of the Local Plan.
View the Local Plan consultation video (9 minutes) – summarises the purpose and scope of the public consultation
View Local Plan consultation documents – view the documents that the Council prepared
An earlier stage of Regulation 18 consultation on these two key Local Plan documents was completed February – April 2018.
Once the Council has considered all representations received during the consultation period, further details will be posted here.