Local Plan public consultation 16 December 2019 – 27 January 2020 (this consultation is now closed)
- Gypsy and Traveller policy and site options consultation paper
- Final opportunity for ‘Call for Sites’ submissions
Structure of the Hyndburn Local Plan
The new Local Plan is the name given to a series of documents in which the Council will explain how the Borough will be developed and grow to 2036. Once complete it will fully replace the 1996 Local Plan for Hyndburn.
The Local Plan is produced in accordance with the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012, referred to as ‘the Regulations’ in these webpages.
The new Local Plan comprises 4 key Development Plan Documents (DPDs):
- The Core Strategy DPD (first adopted 19 January 2012, now subject to review – currently in preparation)
- The Accrington Area Action Plan DPD (adopted 19 January 2012)
- The Development Management DPD (adopted 11 January 2018); and
- The Site Allocations DPD – currently in preparation
Timetable for production of the Local Plan
The timetable for production of the Local Plan is set out in the Council’s latest Local Development Scheme (LDS). The latest LDS was published in June 2018. The Council will however be updating its LDS in 2020 in light of a number of significant events in its plan making process that have occurred during 2019. These include:
- the large volume of responses received to the Regulation 18 consultation earlier in 2019 and the time taken to deal with these;
- the need to undertake a further Regulation 18 consultation on Gypsy and Traveller Site Options following publication of the Council’s new Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment;
- a recommendation to merge the Core Strategy Review and Site Allocations DPD to a single Local Plan document for Regulation 19 (Publication) stage; and
- to highlight a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) planned for Huncoat Garden Village following completion of the masterplanning work and adoption of the Local Plan;
The revised LDS will be brought to a future Cabinet in 2020 and set out the timetable for preparation of documents relevant to the Local Plan over the period 2020-2023. You are advised to keep checking these pages for updates to the LDS.
Local Plan Public Consultation – Core Strategy Review and Site Allocations DPD
The Council is currently in the process of the ‘Preparation’ phase of both the Core Strategy Review and Site Allocations DPDs. This forms part of ‘Preparation’ of the plan under Regulation 18 of the Regulations.
- Regulation 18(1) consultation completed April 2018: included Core Strategy Policies scoping assessment; Core Strategy Review: Growth Options and Spatial Options; and Site Allocations DPD: Scoping and Site Assessment Methodology
- Regulation 18(2) consultation completed April 2019: included Core Strategy Review: Regulation 18 Consultation Draft; and Site Allocations DPD: Regulation 18 Consultation Draft
- Regulation 18(3) consultation December 2019 – January 2020: included further more focused consultation on Gypsy and Traveller policy and site options. This consultation closed at 5pm on Monday 27th January 2020. During consultation the Council also issued a final “Call for Sites”