Adoption of the Core Strategy and Accrington Area Action Plan 2012
Following the independent examination of the Core Strategy (Development Plan Document) and Accrington Area Action Plan (DPD), where both documents were found ‘sound’, the Council adopted the DPDs as part of the Borough’s Development Plan on 19 January 2012.
The documents will be used to determine planning applications and in the case of the Core Strategy, guide future planning documents.
The adopted DPDs and other relevant accompanying documents can be viewed here:
- Adopted Core Strategy
- Adopted Accrington Area Action Plan
- Adoption Statement (Core Strategy)
- Adoption Statement (AAP)
- Inspector’s Report (with Annexes)
- Sustainability Appraisal (Core Strategy)
- Sustainability Appraisal (AAP)
- Environmental Adoption Statement (Core Strategy)
- Environmental Adoption Statement (AAP)
- Council Report (Core Strategy)
- Council Report (AAP)
Both documents contain policies which supersede those of the Saved Local Plan. See Appendix 7 of the Core Strategy and page 21 of the Accrington AAP for further details.
If you have any queries about the Core Strategy please contact the Planning Policy team via email@example.com or on 01254 380 174.