Blackburn with Darwen has been identified as an area with higher than average transmission rate of Covid-19 in England and Pendle have seen a recent increase in case numbers. Given the close proximity of these areas to Hyndburn we are urging residents to stay alert and follow guidelines at all times to prevent transmission in our community.
Case numbers in Hyndburn remain low and will continue to be monitored very closely for any changes. We will update people accordingly if there are any new measures needed in our area. Please follow our social media pages and website for information and share any updates you read with family and friends.
The threat of Coronavirus has not gone away and we must remain alert at all times. It is vital that we work together to follow all guidelines and keep our community safe.
How can you help us keep Hyndburn safe?
- If you have ANY symptoms of Covid-19 (persistent cough, temperature, change in sense of smell or taste) get a free test as soon as possible and self-isolate.
- If you are contacted by NHS Test and Trace, follow all instructions
- Wear face coverings in indoor public places and on public transport
- Social distance from anyone not in your household
- Limit family gatherings indoors
- Wash/sanitise your hands frequently
On behalf of everyone at Hyndburn Borough Council, thank you for your continued support during this difficult time. As we battle with the threat of a novel virus and work through this global pandemic, we remain committed to ensuring facilities are covid-secure, people are supported, and vital information is communicated as quickly as possible.
Get a covid-19 test: https://bit.ly/2CowzEZ
Covid-19 guidance: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus