This December, East Lancashire Alliance are hosting the Autumn Covid Booster Vaccination Programme at the Acorn Primary Health Care Centre in addition to a new pop-up clinic coming to Accrington Market Hall – where people can walk in and receive first, second, and booster doses of the Covid-19 vaccine.
No appointments are needed at any of the following clinics, please just turn up during the opening times.
Autumn booster COVID-19 vaccination
Acorn Primary Health Care Centre – Accrington, BB5 1RT
Saturday 10 December 9:30 – 14:00
Saturday 17 December 9:30 – 14:00
Inside Accrington Market Hall – Accrington BB5 1ER
Thursday 8 December 10:00 – 16:00
Thursday 15 December 10:00 – 16:00
Vaccination is available for:
- Frontline Health and Social Care Workers
- All Adults aged 50 years and over
- Persons aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group
- Persons aged 5 to 19 years who are household contacts of immunosuppressed people
- Persons aged 16 to 49 years who are carers
- First doses (everyone aged 12+)
- Second doses (8 weeks after your first)
- Booster doses (12 weeks after your second)
- Had covid? You can get your next jab 4 weeks after a positive covid test.
Cllr Miles Parkinson OBE, Leader of the Council, said:
“I am delighted that this walk-in vaccination service has returned to Hyndburn for the Autumn booster programme this December, and that we have a second offer for Hyndburn residents to receive their Covid-19 vaccination inside Accrington Market Hall. On behalf of the residents, I would like to thank everyone involved in these efforts, you are protecting our community and keeping people safe. I would advise everyone who is eligible to be vaccinated – it is free, quick, and easy.”
[Image, Cllr Parkinson getting his booster vaccination at the Acorn Centre, Accrington]