Privacy notice for Parks and Open Spaces
Who do we hold personal information about?
- People who book a sporting venue with the Council e.g. football, crown green bowls.
- Contact details for volunteers and members of community groups associated with green spaces.
- People who make an incident/accident/personal injury claim against the Council.
What types of personal information do we hold?
We will collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Your contact details (such as name, address, telephone number, email address).
What types of special categories of personal information do we hold?
- We do not usually hold any.
What do we use personal information for?
- To help secure the booking of a sporting venue.
- To contact you in conjunction with a voluntary activity relating to parks and green spaces.
- To process insurance claims.
- To contact you in regards to the progress of your claim.
What is the legal basis for the use of personal information?
We will process your personal information in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. In particular we will use your information:
- With you consent; and/or
- Where it is necessary to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council.
- Hyndburn Borough Council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided or will provide in respect of any claim for the prevention and detection of fraudulent claims.
Who might we share your personal information with?
- Insurance companies, brokers and their agents.