Privacy notice for Pest Control and Dog Warden
Who do we hold personal information about?
- For people who book a member of our pest control staff to visit to their property.
- For businesses who set up an annual contract with the Council’s pest control team.
- People whose dog is picked up by the dog warden and taken to the kennels.
- People who pay a Fixed Penalty Notice for breaching a Public Space Protection Order or similar.
What types of personal information do we hold?
We will collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Your contact details (such as name, address, telephone number, email address).
- Contact details for your business (such as business name, business address, telephone number, email address).
- Your bank and/or credit or debit card details in order to take payment for pest control visits or annual contract. However your details are entered directly into a database maintained by the Councils Finance Section and are not retained or accessible, by the Council’s Call Centre or Pest Control Staff.
What types of special categories of personal information do we hold?
- We do not usually hold any.
What do we use personal information for?
- To arrange pest control appointments and pest control business contracts and the sale of associated products.
- To issue you with a Fixed Penalty Notice.
- To contact you in order to make you aware your dog has been picked up by the dog warden.
What is the legal basis for the use of personal information?
- We will process your personal information in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. In particular we will use your information.
- With you consent; and/or
- Where it is necessary to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council.
Who might we share your personal information with?
- We do not usually share your personal information with anyone outside of the Council.