Who do we hold personal information about ?
- People who arrange a funeral or cremation with us
- Contact details for the staff at the funeral directors we deal with
- The doctors who sign burial or cremation forms
What types of personal information do we hold ?
We will collect and use the following types of personal information :
- Your contact details (such as name, address, telephone number, email address)
- Contact details for your funeral director (such as name, business address, telephone number, email address)
- Your bank and / or credit or debit card details in order to take payment of the cremation or burial fee, but your details are entered directly into a database maintained by the Council’s Finance Section and are not retained, or accessible, by Crematoria staff
- Contact details for the doctor signing the burial or cremation form (such as name, business address, telephone number, email address, registration number)
This is usually information that you and / or your agent will supply to us
What do we use personal information for ?
- To arrange cremations and burials and the sale of associated services
What is the legal basis for the use of personal information ?
We will process your personal information in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. In particular we will use your personal information:
- With your consent; and / or
- Where this is necessary to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council
Who might we share your personal information with ?
We do not usually share your personal information with anyone else within or outside the Council