Who do we hold personal information about ?
- People who apply for advice or assistance in connection with homelessness or potential homelessness, together with members of their household
What types of personal information do we hold ?
We will collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Your contact details (such as name, address, telephone number, email address)
- Contact details for your solicitor or advisor, if you have one (such as name, address, telephone number, email address)
- Your date of birth
- Evidence of your identity
- Financial information, such as details of your earnings and / or benefits
- Information about people in your household who are vulnerable (for example because of their age, or because they are being looked after by a local authority)
This is usually information you and / or your agents will have supplied to us, although when we may ask other agencies to provide information about you or to confirm that the information you have given to us is correct.
What types of special categories of personal information do we hold ?
We will collect and use the following types of personal information where it is relevant to your enquiry or application:
- Health, medical and disability details
- Information about any criminal convictions you or members of your household may have
This is usually information you will have supplied to us.
What do we use personal information for ?
- To advise you and to determine whether you are homeless
- To assist us to provide accommodation for you and your household
What is the legal basis for the use of personal information ?
We will process your personal information (including special categories of personal information) in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. In particular, we will use your personal information:
- With your consent; and / or
- Where this is necessary to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council; and / or
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Who might we share your personal information with ?
Sometimes we will share your personal information with other agencies in order to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
For example, we may share your personal information with people who may be able to provide you with accommodation or other support services, such as private landlords, Lancashire County Council’s Social Services Department, charities (like Maundy Relief) and social housing providers