Who do we hold personal information about ?
People who apply for, or hold, a lease or licence of a stall on one of the Council’s markets
What types of personal information do we hold ?
We will collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Your contact details (such as name, address, telephone number, email address)
- Contact details for your agent or advisor, if you have one (such as name, address, telephone number, email address)
- Information relating to any money you may owe us and about any enforcement action we may have taken to recover rent arrears
This is usually information you and / or your agents will have supplied to us.
What types of special categories of personal information do we hold ?
We do not usually hold any.
What do we use personal information for ?
- To process applications for a lease or a license
- To manage your lease or licence
- To recover any money you may owe us or to take other enforcement action in connection with your lease or licence
What is the legal basis for the use of personal information ?
We will process your personal information in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. In particular, we will use your personal information:
- With your consent; and / or
- Where this is necessary to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council; and / or
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Who might we share your personal information with ?
Sometimes we will share your personal information with other agencies in order to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.