Licensing –local land charges
Who do we hold personal information about ?
- People who submit a local land charges search and / or their solicitors, agents and other advisors
- People who complain to us about a local land charges search
What types of personal information do we hold ?
We will collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Your contact details (such as name, address, telephone number, email address)
- Contact details for your agent or advisor, if you have one (such as name, address, telephone number, email address)
This is usually information you and / or your agents will have supplied to us.
What do we use personal information for ?
- To complete and return local land charges searches
- To answer enquiries related to local land charges search reports
- To maintain the local land charges register
- To investigate complaints about local land charges searches
What is the legal basis for the use of personal information ?
We will process your personal information in accordance with our obligations under legislation. In particular, we will use your personal information where this is necessary to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council.
Who might we share your personal information with ?
Sometimes we will share your personal information with other agencies in order to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us. For example, we may share your personal information
- Lancashire County Council as local highways authority in connection with local search enquiries relating to highways matters;
- Other teams within the Council that contribute to the Council’s response to the local land charges search – this includes Finance, Planning, Environmental Health and Building Control