Who do we hold personal information about ?
- People who apply for grants, disabled facilities grants and those who participate in face lifting schemes including their agents, landlords, carers, advisors, agents, architects and contractor(s) and the like.
- People who to complain to us
What types of personal information do we hold ?
We will collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Your contact details (such as full name, full address, telephone number, email address).
- Title information of your property i.e. who owns the freehold, the leasehold, when the property was bought etc.
- Contact details for your agent, solicitor and landlord if you are bot the owner of the property.
- Your bank details in order to take any payment or contribution towards the full cost of the works if appropriate.
What types of special categories of personal information do we hold ?
For Disabled Facilities Grants:
We will collect and use the following types of personal information about you that will help us deliver the correct service to you:
- Information about your health, medical requirements and specific issues you and your family may have
- Contact details of your carers, medical advisors, architect and contractor(s) if you have them. This will include their full name, full address, telephone number and email address.
- We will discuss your medical needs with your medical practitioners and advisors to ensure we specify the correct products, services and works to meet your requirements where we can.
- Information of your income and savings including benefits received and any other income. This will also apply to your partner too if living at the same address.
What do we use personal information for ?
- To process grant applications
- To design and specify the correct products and works to meet your needs
- Enable the Council to enter into contracts on your behalf to deliver works, products and services.
What is the legal basis for the use of personal information ?
We will process your personal information (including special categories of personal information) in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. In particular we will use your personal information:
- With your consent; and / or
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person ; and / or
- Where this is necessary to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council
We will use your special categories of personal information with your consent i.e when Grant application forms are completed and submitted to the Council.
Who might we share your personal information with ?
- We will share your personal information with other Council departments such as but not exclusively; Building Control, Planning, Benefits, contractors, suppliers, agents and medical practitioners to enable delivery of the scheme and or works as specified in a way that meets you needs.
- We may share your personal information with Statutory bodies, other Council departments, contractors, agents and other agencies in order to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us and in connection with any enforcement activity considered necessary in exercise of their statutory powers. For example, where persons and or property are suspected or deemed to be in danger or a crime is being committed.