How to Apply for a Licence
Further to the recent Court of Appeal judgment, regarding selective licence conditions, the Council has sought and received Counsel’s opinion regarding this judgment.
Taking account of this opinion, the Council has decided to remove eight licence conditions namely numbers 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 22 from the set of conditions originally proposed for use in the new Designation.
The Council has also decided to amend three licence conditions namely 18, 20 and 21.
The application form and licence conditions have been revised and are now available on this website.
Please note that the deadline has been extended for early submission of complete and valid applications from 4th June 2018 to 4th July 2018 in order to qualify for licence fee discounts.
Application forms and guidance on completing the application are available to download from this webpage.
Having downloaded the form, it can either be printed and filled out by hand or filled out electronically before printing, signing, enclosing certificates and relevant fee and submitting to –
Private Rented Team
Alternatively, hard copies will be available from the above address.
For additional information, telephone the team on 01254 388111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Page 1: How to Apply for a Licence
- Page 2: What is Selective Licensing?
- Page 3: Who does the designation affect?
- Page 4: Exemptions
- Page 5: Licence Fee
- Page 6: Criteria for Fit and Proper Person and Standard Licence Conditions
- Page 7: Penalties for Not Applying
- Page 8: Temporary Exemption Notices
- Page 9: Further Information
- Page 10: How the Council Consulted about the Proposals