Statutory Nuisance

What Action Will Be Taken?

In the event of a justified complaint, the person responsible for the problem will be issued with an Abatement Notice under the Environmental Protection Act 1990. The person is then required to take appropriate action to resolve the problem.

Failure to comply with the Abatement Notice will result in legal action.

In the instance of noise nuisance,  you may be sent a Noise Pack which includes Noise Record sheets which you will be asked to complete over a certain period of time, (usually one to two weeks). This allows the Council to assess if the noise is likely to constitute a Statutory Nuisance.

Please note that the Council may only take further action once the Noise Record sheets have been completed and returned.