The Test and Trace Payment scheme includes funding for residents who meet the main scheme’s eligibility but are not currently in receipt of any of the qualifying benefits.
You may make an application to the Discretionary Test and Trace Support Scheme if you:
- Have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app because you have tested positive for Coronavirus, or,
- Have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive, and are not exempt from self-isolation; or
- You are the parent or guardian of a young person in the same household who is self-isolating and need to take time off work to care for them; and;
- Are employed or self-employed, and;
- Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result.
All other scheme criteria for the Discretionary Scheme will be the same as for the main scheme, as outlined on these pages and the scheme’s policy documents.
Applications for the Discretionary Scheme will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please provide any requested information or proof during the application process, this will speed any payment that you may be entitled to being issued.