Commercial Waste Collection Information
Trade or Commercial waste is anything that is no longer considered useful or required which your business needs to dispose of. The collection of waste is not included in your business rates and so you have a legal responsibility under the duty of care legislation to dispose of it responsibly. Hyndburn Borough Council is a registered waste carrier and provides a reliable, competitive, collection and disposal service for Businesses.
Many businesses believe that there will be a financial cost to ‘going green’, but by simply managing your waste effectively, you could save money and reduce your impact on the environment at the same time.
There are several options available to you when selecting how to dispose of your waste. Firstly you should consider whether the waste you are disposing of can be recycled. If it can then look for a contractor that will provide a recycling collection service. You will need to decide on the correct sized containers for the safe storage of this waste before it is collected and sent for disposal.
Why choose the Council? Well some of the benefits include:
- We have a dedicated collection vehicle and offer a highly efficient service throughout the year.
- The same crew collect both your recycling and non recycling waste.
- We offer a FREE recycling collection service to all our business customers and our prices are ‘all inclusive’.
- There is no additional costs for producing duty of care documentation or other admin/environmental charges.
- When you sign up, We can offer FREE advice to help you understand what elements of your waste can be recycled.
- We welcome suggestions and ideas for improving the service we provide.
- We take a sensible approach to enforcement. We will only take enforcement action when there is no other option remaining.
What business waste can we recycle?
As part of our commitment to help businesses reduce their disposal costs, we are always looking to add new materials and currently can help businesses recycle the following materials:
- Glass bottles and jars (not plate glass)
How do I pay for the service?
To keep the cost of the service low, all customers are required to pay by Direct Debit in advance. Just decide which is most advantageous to your business monthly or annual.
What happens on Bank Holidays and during the Christmas period?
Our collection crew work every Bank Holiday and so there will be no changes to collections on these days. The only exception is during the Christmas / New Year period where due to the small number of businesses that are open, we operate a prebooked single day collection for non recyclable collections (please note there are no recycling collections that week). We notify all customers of this collection day and instruction on how to book a collection.
How do I contact you?
For more information or to sign up to our reliable low-cost collection service you can contact the Council by ringing 01254 388 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.