What if you can’t confirm my identity?
- you don’t have a NI number;
- the information in your application cannot be matched with the information already held about you
We may either:-
- ask you to provide other documentary proof of your identity or:
- ask you to provide written attestation
If we refuse your application we will tell you why and advise you of your right to appeal.
You have a right of appeal to the County Court if your application is refused. Within 14 days of the refusal you must:-
- give us written notice if you want to appeal, and
- let us know the reasons for your appeal.
For more information about what we do with your personal information, please see our privacy notice.