Welfare Reform Changes April 2013

Introduction to Welfare Reform

From 1 April 2013 many of the Government’s Welfare Reform changes will take place and this will affect a number of households in Hyndburn.

Information on the various changes is available through the links below – please select the change which applies to you.

Hyndburn Borough Council administers Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support (formerly Council Tax Benefit).  If you have any further questions about any benefits other than Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, please contact the Department for Work and Pensions.

Information is also available from the Department for Work and Pensions website.

Housing Benefit Size Criteria – changes to housing benefit levels if you have any extra bedrooms

Council Tax Support – the new local scheme which replaces Council Tax Benefit

Benefit Cap – changes to the total amount of benefit a household can receive

Personal Independence Payments – changes to Disability Living Allowance