What is an Abandoned Vehicle?
The Council has the right to remove abandoned vehicles in the area.
We use the following criteria to determine whether a vehicle has been abandoned;
- The length of time the vehicle is known to have been left in the location
- The general appearance of the vehicle
- The completeness of the vehicle
- The age of the vehicle
- The vehicles location in relation to its owners address
- The claims or otherwise of the last recorded keeper
- Whether the vehicle is taxed
The Police also have the power to remove any vehicle which is in breach of local traffic regulation orders or is likely to cause a danger.
The Council is unable to take action against nuisance vehicles such as;
- Poorly parked vehicles
- Vehicles causing obstruction
- Residential/Neighbour parking disputes
- Vehicle breakdown
To report an abandoned vehicle, please call 01254 388111. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Please provide as much information as possible, for example, registration number, colour, manufacturer, location etc.