Cutwood Park

History of Cutwood Park

Cutwood is the youngest of Hyndburn’s parks. The land occupied by Cutwood was acquired from the Dunkenhalgh Estate and conveyed to the Urban District of Rishton for use as a public park as a gift to local people in memory of Captain Charles Bernard Petre (1870-1949) by his son, Captain Robert Petre and the trustees of the Dunkenhalgh Estate in 1953.