Food safety for business

Registering your food business

Food businesses must register with local authorities in order for them to keep an up-to-date list of food premises in their area, inspect them on a risk based frequency and all food premises are required to complete a food premises registration form. In addition, mobile food vehicles may have to apply for a street trading consent to trade in Hyndburn. Businesses that do not sell food to the public, for example food manufacturers, may also need to have their premises approved under Regulation EC Number 853/2004.

You can get detailed food safety advice from a Food and Safety Officer. Contact us