Who do we hold personal information about ?
- People who apply for, or hold, a lease of a garage plot from the Council
- People who are on the waiting list for a garage plot
What types of personal information do we hold ?
We will collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Your contact details (such as name, address, telephone number, email address)
- A record of the rent payments you have made and any rent arrears
This is usually information you will have supplied to us
What types of special categories of personal information do we hold ?
We do not usually hold special categories of personal information:
What do we use personal information for ?
- To process applications for a lease of a garage plot
- To manage the garage plots
- To take enforcement action in respect of garage plots , such as termination of garage leases for non-payment of rent
What is the legal basis for the use of personal information ?
We will process your personal information (including special categories of personal information) in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018. In particular, we will use your personal information:
- With your consent; and / or
- Where this is necessary to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council;
Who might we share your personal information with ?
We do not usually share your personal information with anyone else.