Standards Committee and Sub-Committees – Roles and Terms of Reference
The Standards Committee meets at Scaitcliffe House, Ormerod Street in Accrington. Meetings usually start at 6.00pm and are usually open to the public.
The Standards Committee has the following roles:
- Promoting high standards of conduct by members of Hyndburn Council and Altham Parish Council.
- Monitoring the operation of the Codes of Conduct of Hyndburn Council and Altham Parish Council and arranging training for councillors on matters relating to their Code of Conduct.
- Dealing with complaints that councillors have breached their Codie of Conduct.
- Granting dispensations to councillors (within limits set by law) to enable them to speak, and possibly vote, in respect of matters in which they have an interest.
- Monitoring other matters relating to ethical standards, such as the Council’s Employee Code of Conduct, Whistle Blowing Policy, Complaints Policy and Code of Corporate Governance.
Detailed below are the Terms of Reference for the Standards Committee and it’s Assessment Panel and Hearing Sub-Committee:
Find out more about Standards Committee’s Work Programme
Find out more about the work of the Standards Committee dates of meetings, agendas and reports.