The Gas Safety Register

What if I am a Tenant?

As a tenant, it is important to always check the ID of any gas engineer that comes to do work at your property. The engineer must be on the Gas Safe Register.

It’s also in your best interest to co-operate with the landlord whenever a gas safety check or maintenance needs to be carried out by letting the engineer in to do his work. And don’t forget to make sure your landlord supplies you with a copy of the safety check within 28 days of it being carried out.

REMEMBER – if you think a gas appliance is faulty turn it off and let your landlord know immediately.