Weddings at Haworth Art Gallery
A picturesque setting for weddings and civil ceremonies, our Tiffany glass and artworks will provide a stunning backdrop for your photographs.
Set in 9 acres of parkland featuring a Rose Garden, woodland and meadows, Haworth Art Gallery is the perfect setting for bespoke and intimate weddings. Our Arts and Crafts building is handmade and features natural materials which reflect its surroundings. The Billiard room where weddings are held features hand carved oak dais or stage with arcades, balustrades and columns. Into the woodwork are carved animals, birds and foliage and original artwork is displayed in the room. All of this combines into the perfect setting for your wedding and reception.
A variety of food packages are provided by the Gallery Kitchen who are based on site in the Dining Room. In the evening the Dining Room transforms into a space where you can dance the night away.
- Dedicated enquiry meeting and checklist meeting with the Gallery team
- Couples can choose between a varieties of packages that start from only £500.00
- We can accommodate wedding parties of up to 50 guests (excluding wedding couple, photographers and registrars) in our billiard room and a total of 100 people for the evening celebrations
- Catering is managed exclusively by the Gallery Kitchen
- Bio-degradable confetti permitted outdoors
- Registrars need to be booked by the wedding couple
Order of the day
If the wedding couple wish to be separated, with one partner arriving first, the following order of the day can be observed:
- One partner and the guests will arrive first, around 40 minutes before the start of the ceremony. Guests will be free to mingle and explore until a member of staff will ask them to take a seat in the ceremony room;
- Around 30 minutes before the ceremony staff will bring one partner to see the registrars;
- Once the first partner has seen the registrars staff will bring them to ceremony room and ask all the guests to take a seat;
- The second partner will arrive approximately 20-15 minutes before the start of the ceremony, brought to see the registrars, and the prepared for the big entrance in the ceremony room.
After the ceremony, depending on the package chosen, the couple and wedding party can enjoy photo opportunities and enjoy the rest of their special day.
What is the maximum number of guests allowed?
Day guests: maximum of 50 (not including the wedding couple, photographers and registrars). Babies and children do count towards maximum numbers.
Evening guests: a total of maximum 100 people (including wedding couple) is allowed during the evening celebrations.
What kinds of ceremonies do you allow?
We are licensed for civil ceremonies. We can also hold celebrations such as, hand fasting ceremonies and vow renewals.
How do I book the registrars?
Once you have viewed the venue and we have confirmed our availability, you must contact the relevant officiant to perform your ceremony. We cannot move forward with your booking until this is done. Please visit: https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/births-marriages-and-deaths/find-a-registration-office/
What time can I have my ceremony?
The earliest ceremony we can facilitate is 12pm and the latest is 3pm.
What is included in the packages?
- Enquiry appointment and checklist meeting with the Gallery team
- Use of the Billiard Room for the ceremony
- Beautiful grounds for external photo opportunities
- Unique Arts and Crafts house for internal opportunities
- Use of our Bluetooth speaker and Spotify playlist
- Tables and chairs for the ceremony
- Artificial flower decorations for the ceremony
- Free Accessible parking on the day
Depending of the type of package you choose you will have extras available
When do you take payments?
We take a £75.00 deposit at the time of booking. The remaining balance is taken anytime between the booking and six weeks before the wedding day.
Do you have a supplier list?
As a local authority museum we cannot recommend third party suppliers.
Do you provide catering?
Catering is exclusively provided by the Gallery Kitchen. External catering is not allowed.
All food and drinks can be consumed in the Billiard room and Gallery Kitchen. No food and drinks are allowed in the Art gallery spaces.
Do you have a bar?
We have a fully licensed bar serving a selection of wine, beer, drinks, soft and hot drinks.
Can we decorate the house?
Any decoration needs to be discussed at your checklist meeting. Haworth Art Gallery a grade II listed building we have a few things that we cannot allow:
- No naked flames anywhere in the house or on the property
- Nothing to be adhered to the walls or wood
Do you allow candles?
For the safety of the historic house and our collection, we do not allow any naked flames on the premises. However, LED or battery powered candles are permitted.
Do you allow confetti?
We do allow biodegradable confetti to be thrown outside the house. A member of staff will show the couple at the checklist meeting and the photographer on the day.
Is there parking available at Haworth Art Gallery?
We can offer free parking spaces and accessible spaces. However, couples are advised to inform guests that the car park is a public one and does not close at night.
When should I tell my guests to arrive?
We would recommend that guests arrive no later than 30 minutes before the ceremony.
What time do you close?
The Art Gallery main reception area and exhibition spaces close at 4:30pm. Depending on the chosen package you could have available the billiard room, bar area and tearoom after closing times.
Is there any cloakroom or private space to change in?
Haworth Art Gallery doesn’t have a cloakroom or private spaces to change. Guests are advised to look after their personal belongings, as the art gallery and kitchen staff cannot be responsible for them. Our ceremony, dine and dance package has the exclusive use of tearoom and bar areas. Guest can leave coats there, but they are responsible for their safety.
If you’d like to view the room and chat to a member of the team, please call 01254 233782 or email Haworth.Weddings@hyndburnbc.gov.uk Please have a look at our wedding pack for options, prices and informations.