Accrington Crematorium

History of Accrington Crematorium

 

In 1954, an application was made to turn the non-conformist chapel into a Crematorium to service the cremations of the local residents of Hyndburn.

The first Cremation was carried out on the 10 September, 1956 and, to date, we have undertaken over 52,000 cremations.

The amount of cremations undertaken per year has steadily increased to the current number of 900 per annum.