Pubs that wish to provide facilities for bingo may do so under section 279 of the Act.
The following rules apply:
- the maximum amount that may be staked by a player in a game of bingo is £5;
- no amounts may be deducted from sums staked or won;
- players may not be charged a fee for taking part;
- there should be no linking of games between premises; and,
- nobody under 18 may participate.
As with clubs, pubs that wish to offer high turnover bingo (i.e. where stakes or prizes exceed £2000 per week) will require a bingo operating licence from the Gambling Commission.
See the Commission’s website (details above) for further information.