Bullough Park

History of Bullough Park

Bullough Park event
The main portion of Bullough Park was donated by Messrs. Howard and Bullough, owners of the Globe Works in Accrington as a philanthropic gesture to enhance the quality of life for their employees and the towns people.
James Bullough Park as it was originally known, was opened by Tom Bullough in memory of his late grandfather in September 1913. The Globe Tennis Club which adjoined the original James Bullough Park was donated to the town in 1926, at which time it was valued at between £7,000 and £8,000.