‘Special categories of personal information’ are types of personal information consisting of information about:
- your racial or ethnic origin;
- your political opinions;
- your religious or philosophical beliefs;
- your trade union membership;
- your genetic or biometric data;
- your health;
- your sex life and sexual orientation; and
- any criminal convictions you may have and offences.
This personal information might be provided to us by you, or someone else, or it could be created by us. We may hold and use any of these special categories of your personal data in accordance with the law.