Great Harwood Cemetery opened in 1887, and has no longer any graves left to purchase.
The cemetery is divided in two, with the original section dating from 1887 to 1949 and the second section opening in January 1950.
Surrounded by residential properties and farmland, this tranquil cemetery is kept to a very high standard. The majority of both sections of the cemetery has vehicle access and parking is available throughout the site. The majority of the area is flat and, due to its size, most graves are easily accessible via wheelchair-friendly footpaths. There are areas of seating throughout the cemetery for visitors to sit and reflect and remember their loved ones and water taps and waste bins are located throughout the site.
The cemetery occupies over 8 acres with dedicated sections as follows :
Church of England and Non-Conformist, Roman Catholic, Ashes Graves, Memorial Wall, Garden of Remembrance.
The cemetery remains open at all times.
Commemorating a loved one at Gt Harwood Cemetery.
The following are available:
For ashes burials, woodland burials or coffin burials of all denominations the Rishton and Great Harwood Cemetery is available.