Filing of Small Society Lottery Records
After promoting a lottery, the registered society must return details of that lottery to the local authority within three months of the date of the draw (or last draw). The details required include –
- details of the arrangements for the lottery including the date(s) on which tickets were sold, the dates of any draw(s) and the arrangements for prizes (including any rollover)
- the proceeds of the lottery
- the amounts deducted in respect of the provision of prizes
- the amounts deducted in respect of other costs incurred in organising the lottery
- any amount applied to a purpose for which the promoting society is conducted
- details of any expenses that were paid for other than by deduction from the proceeds.
You can use the Lottery returns form to return these details.