Privacy notice for the Central Vehicle Maintenance Department (C.V.M.U.)
Who do we hold personal information about?
- People who make an incident/accident/personal injury claim against the Council.
- People who use the garage facility to have their vehicles serviced/repaired/MOT tested.
What types of personal information do we hold?
We will collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Your contact details (such as name, address, telephone number, email address).
- Vehicle details including registration number.
What types of special categories of personal information do we hold?
- We do not usually hold any.
What do we use personal information for?
- To process insurance claims.
- To contact you in regards to the progress of your claim.
- To contact you in relation to the progress of your vehicle.
What is the legal basis for the use of personal information?
- Hyndburn Borough Council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided or will provide in respect of any claim for the prevention and detection of fraudulent claims.
Who might we share your personal information with?
- Insurance companies, brokers and their agents
- Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency.
- Other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds.