Right of access to the information we hold about you (subject access requests)
You have a right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. This will usually be provided for free within one month of your written request, but there are some exceptions to this.
For further information see here
To download our subject access request form see here
Right to be informed
You have the right to know how we will use your personal information. This privacy notice is intended to supply that information to you.
Right to rectification
You have the right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We must respond to any rectification requests within one month (although this can be extended to two months for more complex requests). Before we amend the personal information we hold about you we will need to verify your identity and we will need you to supply evidence to demonstrate that the information we have is incorrect.
Right to erasure
This is sometimes known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. In certain circumstances you have the right to require us to delete or destroy the personal information which we hold about you. For example, you can ask us to erase your personal information if:
- the information is no longer necessary in respect of the purpose for which we collected it; or
- you have withdrawn your consent to us having the information and we have no other legal basis for retaining it; or
- your information is being used for direct marketing purposes.
However, this is not an absolute right and we can refuse your request in some circumstances. For example, we can refuse your request and retain your personal information:
- if we have a legal obligation to retain it (or to retain it for specific period of time)
- if we need the information for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of our official authority
- if we need the information for public health purposes in the public interest
- if we need the information to establish, progress or defend a legal claim.
Right to portability
This right allows you to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes. The intention is to enable you to move and transfer your personal information safely and securely from one IT environment to another.
This right only applies to personal information you have supplied to us where:
- our use of the information relies upon your consent or relates to performance of a contract: and
- we are processing the information by automated means.
In those circumstances you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information from us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, such as a CSV file. We must supply the information within one month of your request and free of charge.