Universal Credit

Universal Credit and Council Tax Support

If you are currently liable for paying rent and Council Tax at your property, your rent will be included in your single monthly Universal Credit payment.

If you do not make a claim for Council Tax Support (CTS) at the same time you claim Universal Credit, you may lose entitlement to CTS as this can only be paid from the date that you make your initial application to the Council.

Further details about Council Tax Support can be found here.