Premise Licences

Transfer a Premises Licence

A transfer of a premises licence is necessary when a business or organisation involving licensable activities is sold or transferred to a new owner, freeholder, leaseholder, etc.

To make an application for a transfer, you need to:

  • enclose a completed application form
  • To see more about how we record and store your information please the Council’s privacy notice
  • enclose the existing premises licence or  a statement as to why it cannot be produced
  • enclose a consent form signed by the existing premises licence holder or a statement as to why it cannot be produced
  • enclose the prescribed fee of £23.00 by either cash, cheque or Postal Order made payable to Hyndburn Borough Council.   We can also take credit/debit card payments over the telephone
  • enclose documents demonstrating the applicant’s entitlement to live and work in the UK (see guidance from the Home Office)

The applicant must serve a copy of the application along with any accompanying documents (if any) to the Home Office Immigration Enforcement and the Police.  This must be on the same day on which the application was submitted to the Licensing Authority.

For contact information for the Home Office Immigration Enforcement and the Police, please see our information leaflet Responsible Authorities.

The Home Office Immigration Enforcement and the Police have 14 days to object to the appointment of a new licence holder. If a representation is received then a hearing will be held.

If the premises has gaming machines, a further application will have to be made under the Gambling Act 2005, to have a gaming machine permit in the new applicants name.