Peel Park and the Coppice

Plantation Mill


Half way up Plantation Road, at the top of the cobbled lane is the site of an old print works. Very little remains of the mill today although some stone walls, bricks, pipe work and metal work can be seen upon closer examination of the area. The original mill dates back to late 18th century, during its time it was owned by the Hargreaves family and run by the Grimshaw family who built Owl Hall and Plantation House as their residencies. The mill was closed in 1934 and demolished in the 1940’s.

Further information is available upon request regarding this feature including images of the patterns which were printed at the mill please call 01254 388 111 or e-mail