Facilities and Features of Peel Park and the Coppice
The formal area of Peel comprises of:
- Children’s play area
- 1 Bowling Green, a bowling pass is required to use this facility. Further details are available by calling 01254 388 111. Spectators are allowed inside the fenced area when the green is in use.
- Bowls Pavilion
- Tennis Court
- Multi-Use Games Area catering for basketball, football and cricket.
- Access onto The Coppice and the wider countryside
The wider area comprises of:
- Mature woodland
- Permanent orienteering course
- Nature, wildlife and a variety of habitats
- The grounds of what was Arden Hall and the footprint of the old hall.
- The footprint of Plantation Mill
The top of the Coppice comprises of:
- A monument to commemorate the gift of land by the Peel Family to the people of Accrington on the summit.
- Excellent views of east Accrington and beyond.
- A trig point (triangulation point used historically for surveying) at around 254 meters above sea level.
- An extensive area of heathland, which is recognised as a biological heritage site.
- Excellent walking opportunities some suggestions are here.